Lawford Buggy Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BigBear99
BigBear99

Best ESC for racing? Empty Best ESC for racing?

Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:49 pm
I just wanted to know what ESC people are running? I understand some of them are quite expensive, but I am interested to find out which models people have and the benefits of having it in comparison to the normal £38 hobbywing one.

TIA.
Judinator

Best ESC for racing? Empty Re: Best ESC for racing?

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm
I've got a corally 120amp and an lrp flow. Alot of the guys have the top of the range hobbywing at the club. The benifits really are pretty minor at our level. I guess you can expect better life span and reliability. Also top escs are more adjustable. But to get going the cheaper ones are perfectly capable these days. If you plan to run 4wd then maybe a more robust topline esc would deal with the added heat and strain better medium to long term.

BigBear99 likes this post

BigBear99
BigBear99

Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 am
Judinator wrote:I've got a corally 120amp and an lrp flow. Alot of the guys have the top of the range hobbywing at the club. The benifits really are pretty minor at our level. I guess you can expect better life span and reliability. Also top escs are more adjustable. But to get going the cheaper ones are perfectly capable these days. If you plan to run 4wd then maybe a more robust topline esc would deal with the added heat and strain better medium to long term.

Thank you Juddy, makes sense. I will keep an eye out for the 160A ESC as I know they're expensive. Thank you for the explanation mate Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum